spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Saturday, October 18, 2008

FIRST Wild Card Tour Sat. Carnival



FIRST (Fiction in Rather Short Takes) Wild Card Tours is starting something new each Saturday now. A Saturday Christian Fiction Carnival which will be hosted @ My Friend Amy's blog site. She will post a question each Saturday for those that wish to answer and post on their site linking back to her site so others can read other bloggers and how they answer the question. So we'll see. I can't promise answering each week if I have the time I'll try.


So whenever you have time head over to Amy's and see how others have answered the question.




Here's this week's question:

Why do you read and review Christian fiction? Do you exclusively read Christian fiction or do you also read general market books?

I read Christian fiction because I'm not wanting to read everything that comes down the pike. Hoping and praying that it will be God honoring. As I have found out Christian isn't always good either, but there is more good in it than in 'non-Christian' (general market) fiction. Of course, first and foremost I read my Bible daily and take time to be with my Lord. I have tired some general market books but more times than not haven't finished them because they are too full of words and scenes that I don't wish to dwell on and put into my mind. The Bible tells us in Phil. 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Therefore what I read will effect how I think and what I meditate and dwell on.




books

No comments: