spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Teaser Tuesday ~ World War II Heroes



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

If I would have put my thinking cap on I would have done this book teaser last Tuesday in honor of Veteran's Day. I didn't, so pretend with me that I did ok. :P I'm going to give two teasers from this book as a bonus. One in honor of our heroes and one in honor of up coming Dec.7th (memory of Peral Harbor) So this week you get a bonus from me.

"We saw the greatest sight-the most emotional minute that we would probably ever witness. Raised before our eyes and flying defiantly above one of the church steeples was the symbol of our beloved land. The American flag!" ~ p. 150; World War II Heroes by James Diehl
"I remember it was a very calm and beautiful day with lots of bright sunshine. We had just come into Pearl Harbor that day before after having been in the South Pacific and most of the crew was sleeping in. I was standing on deck with a shipmate and we were talking about going on liberty that day and what we were going to do. It was then that I noticed some aircraft circling low in the harbor. I just assumed they were ours, maybe out on some kind of practice run." ~ p. 158; World War II Heroes by James Diehl
Thanks for to all you heroes that don't want to be heroes.


I will be hosting this tour on my blog Dec. 1st.
come back then for my review.



books

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful Teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/11/joy-teaser-tuesdays.html

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Great teaser - I have this book for the tour also and I am looking forward to reading it.