spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays ~ Love at Any Cost


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

As far as Jamie was concerned, a Texas heiress might be just the ticket-especially one who was "pretty, bright, and no-nonsense."  He paused.  No-nonsense?....."No-nonsense, huh?  What the blazes is that suppose to mean?" 

"It means Cassie doesn't put on airs or act like people who do.  She's as natural and down to earth as cow patties in a field and you, my friend, won't be able to con her, so I suggest you focus on Patricia instead.


~ taken from p. 50 of Love at Any Cost by Julie Lessman


Sweet thunderation-deliver me from pretty men!  Twenty-two year old Cassidy McClare peered up beneath the wide feathered brim of her black velvetta hat-legs, luggage and magazine scattered on the dirty platform of Oakland Pier train station.


books

5 comments:

Nise' said...

Can't wait to read this one! I love Julie's books/

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds lovely! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

kayerj said...

sounds like a fun book. I'd keepreading

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I love the comparison of Cassie to "cow patties in a field." Not the most flattering compliment, but funny.
Here's my Teaser.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I've never tried this author, but sounds like it might be fun; enjoy!!